'Unnodu Naaniruntha Ovvoru Manithuliyum...' The feeling of longing.


A sound-track from the film, Iruvar - a film directed by ‘The Man Who Made Nayagan’. The whole track is fantastic from start to finish, the emotion in the voice and the distant voice which follows the lyrics is so haunting, to leads us to the thunder and the rain. Godly.

This is the closest you can get to a song sound like a poem! Or is it a poem sounding like a song? கட்டியணைத்தபடி கண்ணீரில் சில நிமிடம்Sounds very mysterious. A love that is kept secret? A moment before leaving each other? There was a time when I hate this song. I used to skip this song all the time I play the album, and it was not because I didn’t like this but because this very line makes me drop a tear or two.

The feeling of longing. I remember a poem I wrote listening to this song after losing her.

'I wish to rewind the life with you,
To see your smile once again,
To design my nights and days.
I wish to rewind the life with you,
To see the smile on the mirror once again.'


(Voice: Arvind Swamy, Music: AR Rahman, Lyrics: Vairamuthu)

உன்னோடு நானிருந்த ஒவ்வொரு மணித்துளியும்
மரணப்படுக்கையிலும் மறக்காது கண்மணியே...
தொண்ணூறு நிமிடங்கள் தொட்டணைத்த காலந்தான்,
எண்ணூறு ஆண்டுகளாய் இதயத்தில் கலக்குதடி.
பார்வையிலே சில நிமிடம்,
பயத்தோடு சில நிமிடம்,
கட்டியணைத்தபடி கண்ணீரில் சில நிமிடம் ,
இலக்கணமே பாராமல் எல்லா இடங்களிலும்
முத்தங்கள் விதைத்த மோகத்தில் சில நிமிடம்,

உன்னோடு நானிருந்த ஒவ்வொரு மணித்துளியும்
மரணப்படுக்கையிலும் மறக்காது கண்மணியே...

எது நியாயம், எது பாவம்,
இருவருக்கும் தோன்றவில்லை.
அது இரவா, அது பகலா,
அதுபற்றி அறியவில்லை.
யார் தொடங்க , யார் முடிக்க,
ஒரு வழியும் தோன்றவில்லை.
இருவருமே தொடங்கிவிட்டோம்,
இதுவரைக்கும் கேள்வியில்லை..!

அச்சம் கலைந்தேன்,
ஆசையினை நீ அணிந்தாய்.
ஆடை கலைந்தேன்
வெட்கத்தை நீ  அணிந்தாய்.

கண்ட திருக்கோலம்
கனவாக மறைந்தாலும்,
கடைசிலே அழுத கண்ணீர்
கையில் இன்று முட்டுதடி.

உன்னோடு நானிருந்த ஒவ்வொரு மணித்துளியும்
மரணப்படுக்கையிலும் மறக்காது கண்மணியே...

I think of us, you and I, and then I realize there is no us. It can take you back to your lost-love, at-least to the dreams you had with your lost-love. உன்னோடு நானிருந்த ஒவ்வொரு மணித்துளியும் மரணப்படுக்கையிலும் மறக்காது கண்மணியேI'm sorry that I made you cry...

“Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life.” Ludwig van Beethoven

Comments